On Monday, December 03, 2012, the NJSIAA held their 2012 – 2013 Annual Award of Honor / Hall of Fame Programs at the Pines Manor in Edison. It is an annual awards program that honors those involved with interscholastic athletic service to the young men and women of New Jersey.
Arthur L. Johnson’s very own Katrina Anderson was selected by the NJSIAA Honor Awards committee to receive the NJSIAA Field Hockey Award presented by the Association. This special award represents Coach Katrina Anderson’s service in the field of interscholastic athletics and her dedication to the student athletes that she has coached throughout her career.
Some of Katrina Anderson’s highlights included:
- Qualifying for the State Tournament play in each year she has been the head coach (13 years) and appearing in 9 straight Union County Finals.
- MountainValley Conference Champions in 2005 and Union CountyChampions in 2009.
- North Jersey Section II Group 2 Sectional Champions three times.
- Coached numerous Division I, II, and III athletes (including the MVP of last year’s Division II NCAA tournament Shannon Syciarz).
- Coached three members of the 2011 National Championship Team (TCNJ) and currently has 14 Arthur L. Johnson graduates playing in college.
Supervisor of Athletics, Health, and Physical Education Gus Kalikas had this to say about the event: “Katrina is a model of what we want and expect from our coaches. Not only has she performed at a high level on the field year in and year out, but she expects her student athletes to be champions not only on the field, but in the classroom and throughout their lives. Without question, anyone who has passed through her program is better for it in countless ways. We are thrilled that she is being honored by the NJSIAA and continue to be proud of her past and future achievements to come.”